Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week Two

It is now April 8th, week two of Camp NaNoWriMo, and all my good intentions have fallen by the wayside.  Five days ago, I quit my job of two and a half years and my life has been nothing but pure chaos ever since.  Once the insanity dies down - which may take a while - I have every intention of devoting myself to my writing career.  I may not write a single word for camp, but, at the very least, I intend to keep up with this blog.

When choosing a title for this blog, I considered something directly related to writing.  My initial choice was "Writing, Reading, and Romance" because not only am I a writer, but I am also an avid reader, primarily of romance.  But that seemed too generic, too straightforward, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to be stuck with such a pedestrian title for the rest of my blogging career.  So, instead I chose "The School of Mental Gymnastics."  And now, after the insane week I've just had, I realize that I could not have chosen a more fitting moniker for my blog.  Writers are very cerebral creatures.  We constantly live in our heads, even when we seem to be functioning perfectly fine in the outside world.  I am always jumping through mental hoops to create stories and cope with the unpleasant realities of the real world.  I think, for now at least, I will keep my title, as it describes my current mental and emotional state perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment