Sunday, November 2, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 2 - Blood and Handcuffs

Last night, when I was lying in bed, it occurred to me that the first two chapters I had written for my current NaNo novel, Captive Princess, could both be summed up in a few short, rather bizarre words.  If I just chose an element or two from each chapter, I could come up with some really interesting chapter titles.  Now, I write romance, so I generally don't title my chapters, but if I did, this particular book would have some pretty interesting ones.  Thus far, they are as follows:

Chapter One: Anaconda Stew
Chapter Two: Zip Ties and Tupperware
Chapter Three: Blood and Handcuffs
Chapter Four: Deerskins and Bacon

Can you tell I'm writing a post-apocalyptic novel about a runaway slave in the Amazon rainforest?  It's all there in the chapter titles.

I wrote another 5k words today.  I had planned to take some time to finally write and upload a story synopsis to my NaNo profile, but I just didn't have time.  I'd also like to design and post a book cover, but again, I'm spending so much time writing the actual novel, that I don't have time to work on all these peripherals.  The only reason I'm blogging is because I've promised myself time and again that I would and I'm just trying to see how long I can keep that promise.

Yesterday, it took me 6 hours to write 5k words.  Today it took 5 hours.  At my best, I can write 2k words in one hour, but it's a feat I hardly ever pull off, mostly because I procrastinate a lot.  I will try to do better tomorrow, but since I have absolutely no idea where my story is going, just getting to Chapter Five may be a feat all its own.

Total word count for Day Two: 10,286

No comments:

Post a Comment