Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 3 - Synopsis

It has taken until Day 3 of NaNoWriMo for me to finally write a synopsis for my current story.  I hate writing synopses, whether it's two pages or two paragraphs.  It's always been my weak point.  But, since I'm blogging about this novel, I thought it might be important for people to actually have some idea of what I'm writing.  So, after meeting today's word count goal, I sat down to write a synopsis for Captive Princess (Yes, I'm still not too keen on that title.) and this is what I came up with:

Six hundred years ago the Earth was devastated by the Great Cataclysm, an event so destructive that it left half the planet uninhabitable.  The surviving population has moved southward, below the equator, and in the rainforests of the Amazon, only the bravest survive.

Remy de Zy’Aer is a bounty hunter and a hired gun who will do anything for a price.  When a runaway slave girl becomes ensnared in one of his traps, he has every intention of returning her to her master for the reward.  But there’s something about the errant princess that stops him at every turn.  Her beauty and bravery haunt him, and he finds that despite his best intentions, he just can’t let her go.


India of the Savannah Tribe is on the run.  Sold into slavery by the man who murdered her father, she will do anything to make it back home and avenge her father’s death.  But Remy de Zy’Aer has other plans for her, and she is determined to escape him, to save both her life and her heart.


Total word count for Day Three: 15,562

No comments:

Post a Comment